Friday, June 22, 2007

Army Lists

Thought I might post a quick note before I go away on a much anticipated break about the lists I have posted, as some people have been less than happy how I have rated such and such unit (especially Winged Hussars). These lists and additional rules developed from an interest that my friends and I had in the period and because there wasn't any rules around that we really liked we decided to try WECW as the system (new 1644 rules look interesting). Our group loves the period and I especially love the books of Sienkiewicz and the subsequent movies by Jerzy Hoffman and so from the very start I have wanted some type of character identification within the rules and lists. I decided to structure the rules and lists with this mentality from the start because at the end of the day I wanted to use the figures and terrain we had all spent a lot of money and time creating. It is after all just a game to me and I wanted to have some fun with friends and there is no way in anyones stretch of imagination that WECW could be classified as a historical rule set anyway (if you think so than good luck with that one).

I have had emails from one or two people that have corrected or disagreed with the rating or placement of such and such unit in a certain list (because they have more knowledge than do I or they have read a source in some other language). I have no problem with this because at the very begining I stated that if you disagreed with something than change it, that is why I left everything in Word form anyway, so this could be easily done. I have no connection with Warhammer Historical and have done everything on this site in my own free time and let anyone and everyone have access to the lists and the rules so they can at least start and get gaming with their figures. Finally for those that dislike what I have done then just change them but don't come back and say that they are not completly historic because I have used Sienkiewicz as a influence or have left out such and such unit because the WECW system could never in a month of Sundays ever achieve that (just look at the firing of muskets and cannons as an example or the confused pike rules). These lists are my interpretation and my hard work so if you don't like them change them or do your own work and write up your mega hard and invincible Winged Hussars (but don't expect anyone to game you). I game for fun and the spectacle of well painted figures and terrain on the table and make no claim at being the font of all knowledge on the period. Hopefully that has cleared up my view on the lists etc. so until next time (when I hopefully will have some new Muscovites up for viewing). Cheers Scott

1 comment:

Oscar1986 said...

realy cool blog, love it!!!!check out my blog if you like, love to hear what any other bloggers think